Whenever a villa transfers ownership the following applies:
1. By the day of closing, the following items will need to become compliant, if they are not already. Please check the APPROVED LIST page on the CW community website for details.
1. Exterior Front and Back Patio/Deck Lights
2. A Subcontractor Lock Box installed with a personal code.*
*The new homeowner will need this code if the box has already been installed in order to continue usage. Instructions from the current owner on how to use the box will be greatly appreciated in case the box is not the one on the approved list. The new homeowner may then change the code and will need to notify the Board of Directors of the new code number to keep in their records for emergencies.
2. A Waiver of First Option to Re-Purchase needs to be signed by the President of the CW Homeowner's Association for closing. Please print the linked form, fill it out and mail to David Walker at 1200 Captains Cove Ct Salem, SC 29767, at least 2 weeks prior to closing. He will then get it notarized and will return it by mail to the realtor before the day of closing.
3. Before the Waiver of First Option to Re-Purchase form can be signed by the President of Captain's Walk, the following form must be filled out with the new homeowner contact information.
4. $1000.00 Transfer Fee needs to be paid at closing.
5. Any outstanding assessments and fees will need to be paid at closing. Please contact the Treasurer of the CW Homeowner's Association at least one week prior to closing for the most current amount due.
All monies collected can be mailed to:
Captain's Walk Villas Association, Inc.
1200 Captain's Cove Court
Salem, SC 29676
Please visit the Fees & Assessments page for information.