|Posted on August 20, 2020 at 9:40 AM|
A vote package has been emailed out to owners. Following is the info sent, and voting instructions:
The 2020 Board of Directors are presenting 3 items for membership vote. PLEASE RESPOND VIA EMAIL LISTING EACH NUMBERED ITEM (1, 2, 3) and your vote for (YES) or against (NO). Additional information is available about each topic at captainswalkvillas.com (under Community News).
1: Property Management As stated in the July Newsletter, hiring a professional, local, South Carolina licensed property management firm is advisable for this HOA. After reviewing proposals, the Board voted unanimously on Foothills Management as the most logical choice. This firm already manages four associations within Keowee Key. They have a stellar reputation, long time experience, are already familiar with KKPOA and understand the complexity of issues that Captain’s Walk Villas deal with on a yearly basis. It is highly desirable to have the neutrality that an outside property management company would bring to continuity of our Association.
Below are two reviews from Associations within Keowee Keys on Foothills Management.
“Regarding Foothills, we are more than pleased with their performance. Their responsiveness to our maintenance issues is very good. Whenever I call or email I get a quick response. Their accounting procedures work well for us. (Diane Lee and Lisa Bisuel are very good) and Geig Lee consistently makes himself available to the Board members and residents. We agree with Foothills approach to solving problems as they arise in the neighborhood most of the time. In summary, I recommend that Captain’s Walk seriously consider Foothills as your property manager.”
“I personally think Foothills does a wonderful job. They not only manage our buildings and property, but also maintain our finances, which are audited by an independent company each year. They are very professional. I have never had an issue with availability and they attend all our Board Meetings. Diane from Foothills records our minutes. Work orders are usually acted upon quickly unless there is an issue with mobilizing a third party vendor. They are responsive in emergencies. ￼￼￼￼￼￼
￼Geig Lee’s family owns both the management company and a construction company. We have had them do construction work for us as well and it usually comes in under budget. I honestly don’t know how we would function without them, they are truly our partners in managing this beast of a housing complex. I have now worked directly with them for five years and still hold a very high opinion. They have a difficult job and somehow make it look easy. They are also reasonably priced given the amount of work they do for us.”
If you agree with hiring Foothills Property Management, please vote “YES, on item #1, or “NO” if you do not agree.
2. Board of Directors compensation: The term “Volunteer:” A person who freely offers to take part in an enterprise or undertake a task. The 2020 Board has voted unanimously to reject this offer for forgiveness of 2021 dues in order to help bolster our association’s financial picture. We feel strongly Board compensation should cease as these funds would be better utilized for the benefit of the membership.
If you agree with discontinuing Board compensation, vote YES on Item #2, or NO if you disagree.
3. Rules and Regulations: A South Carolina law passed May 2018 requiring HOAs to be more transparent concerning their Rules and Regulations. This law stated the Rules and Regulations were to be recorded by January 10, 2019 and made public to membership. HOAs are required to write, document and record their Rules and Regulations at the courthouse. Since this was not done in 2019, we need to review CWV’s Rules and Regulations and vote to re- establish them for recording at the courthouse. This will make us compliant with South Carolina law.
If you agree with the Rules and Regulations, vote YES on Item #3, or NO if you disagree. See next page for voting instructions. ￼￼￼￼
TO VOTE ON THESE ITEMS PLEASE send return email by 5pm September 1, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting whether you are for (“YES”;), or against (“NO”;).
Include your UNIT NUMBER (one vote per unit, not per person).
1. Foothills Property Management Approval: Yes or No
2. Discontinuing Board Compensation: Yes or No
3. Rules and Regulations Approval: Yes or No